Call for Applications, Young Women Political Empowerment and Leadership Program
Naymote Partners for Democratic Development, Liberia’s prime democratic advancement institution is implementing a Young Women Political Empowerment, Mentorship and Leadership Program with support from the government of Canada through UN Women.
NAYMOTE is therefore seeking applications from 75 young women aged 18-35 who wish to be part of this program 5 participants will be selected per county across the 15 counties.
Eligibility Criteria for Participation
To be selected, one must meet the following criteria. Applicant must be a young woman, between the ages of 18- 35 years.
- Applicant must be a college student or recent university graduate,
- Applicant must demonstrate a high level of interest and commitment to public service,
- Applicant must be committed to the highest level of servant leadership and community services/volunteerism.
- Applicant must be resident of a project county
- Applicant must demonstrate commitment to learning and to skills transfer
- Applicant must have the ability to communicate clearly
- Where applicable, opportunity will be given to women who have contested in previous election and lost.
Young women living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Benefits of the Project
- Mentees will enjoy ongoing support, mentorship and coaching throughout the program.
- Mentees will gain experience, new skills and networks that will be useful in their professional life.
- Have a personal leadership development action plan.
- Mentees will have an opportunity to be attached with institutions across the country.
- Mentees will be connected to national and International professional networks to strengthen information sharing, networking and capacity building.
- Mentees will receive end of project certificate.
Submission of Application Package
- Applicants (ONLY FEMALES) below age 35 years are to submit an electronic copy or hard copy of their application package including: a letter of application, current resume, two passport size photos, two letters of recommendations (one from a university you’re attending or graduated from, one from your community or institution you are affiliating with). Applicants are also required to provide a letter of motivation 1000 WORDS answering the following questions: ‘why I should be considered for the mentorship program? and why I am passionate about young women political participation and leadership in Liberia?’
- NOTE: Please be informed that only five applicants will be selected per county and applicants should be base or living in the county applying to be qualified. Those residing in hard-to-reach counties, please contact the following numbers for assistance to submit your application 0886304211/0776889718/0770510479.
- Deadline for APPLICATION: January 25, 2019 at 5:00 PM
- Email your application and supporting documents to email@example.com or send your package to the below addresses.
- Montserrado County
- Naymote Partners for Democratic Development
- S.D. Cooper Road
- Paynesville City-Liberia, West Africa(+231) 886510479, 770510479, 0886908077, 0770753147
Click link to access more information about the application ( Call for Application Young Women Leadership Program 2019-02 )